You can add shearing records and upload images of fleeces and histograms at any time and in any order. You can record the shearing details for a group and for individual animals.
1. Click on at top of page, or
2. Click on the next screen to enter the Shearing, Add new screen
3. Here select either a Group or an animal via Identifier(Name)—choosing one disables the other. Commercial farmers may choose to record only their total ‘clip’ (total wool shorn) while breeders may wish to record both total and individual clips (You could create a ‘white clip’ group or a ‘fawn clip’ group for example)
4. Enter the shearing date and fleece data. You don’t have to fill in every field, but the option is there to enter Total Weight kg as well as break this down further into Saddle Weight kg, Neck Weight kg and Other Weight kg
5. Click the and/or buttons to browse your computer and upload a fleece and/or histogram image for this record
6. A small version of the selected file will appear alongside the file name, an UPLOAD button and a CANCEL button:
If you selected the wrong file by mistake, click and the green ADD FILES button in Step 5 will reappear for another go
Otherwise, click for the program to accept the image
7. Continue down the page entering other details such as micron and SD Standard Deviation. Not every field has to be filled in, but what is entered here will appear on the Marketing/Sale Report
9. A visual confirmation will appear:
and a new empty page loads immediately below ready for new data
10. Click at any time to view all shearing data in list form. (You can also click in the top menu anywhere in the program at any time to come to this page.) You can edit any detail at any time by clicking the EDIT ICON on that screen
Entering shearing records will display them like so in AotG >> Shearing:
Click to toggle on and off a shearing weight chart.
Note: it doesn’t matter which particular record you select as the chart will graph all data for that animal. You could select the oldest record and the chart will display all records from that one to the most recent.
The shearing weight chart is really four displays in one, each showing a different legend. You can see which one you’re on by the indicator. You can cycle through each by clicking and :
Total Weight Legend
Saddle Weight Legend
Neck Weight Legend
Other Weight Legend
Clicking on the SHEARING CHART TAB will display a more print-friendly and larger version, showing the full legend: